A haldi function is a traditional Indian ceremony that is typically held before a wedding. The bride and groom each apply turmeric paste to their bodies, which is said to bring good luck and ward off evil spirits.
When it comes to choosing the perfect outfit for a haldi function, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, the color of your outfit should be bright and cheerful, as this is a joyous occasion. Second, the fabric of your outfit should be comfortable and breathable, as you will likely be sweating due to the heat of the turmeric paste. Third, you should choose an outfit that is easy to move in, as you may need to apply the paste to hard-to-reach areas of your body.
Here are a few haldi function outfit ideas for couples:
For the bride:
- A bright yellow salwar kameez with intricate embroidery
- A white sari with a gold border
- A pink lehenga choli with heavy embroidery
For the groom:
- A white kurta pyjama with a gold waistcoat
- A cream sherwani with intricate embroidery
- A dhoti kurta in a bright, festive color