When it comes to dressing for a party or wedding, there is no shortage of choices when it comes to gowns. However, many women tend to gravitate towards western gowns because they are both stylish and comfortable. But with so many different types of western gowns on the market, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. To help you narrow down your options, we’ve put together a quick overview of the different types of western gowns available.
- A-Line Gowns: A-line gowns are one of the most popular types of western gowns because they flatter a variety of body types. An A-line dress is fitted at the bodice and then flows outwards in an A-shape. This type of dress is often sleeveless or has spaghetti straps, making it perfect for warm weather events.
- Mermaid Gowns: Mermaid gowns are another popular option for parties and weddings. As the name suggests, this type of dress hugs your curves like a mermaid’s tail before flaring out at the bottom. Mermaid gowns are typically made from heavier fabrics such as satin or tulle, making them ideal for formal occasions.
- Ball Gowns: If you’re looking for a truly dramatic look, then a ball gown is the way to go. Ball gowns are fitted at the bodice and have a full skirt that extends all the way to the floor. This type of dress is usually reserved for very formal events such as black tie weddings or balls.
- Sheath Gowns: Sheath gowns are similar to A-line gowns in that they are fitted at the bodice but then flow outwards in an A-shape. However, sheath gowns are usually made from lighter fabrics such as chiffon or silk and don’t have as full a skirt as A-line or ball gowns. This makes them ideal for cocktail parties or other semi-formal occasions.
- Wrap Gowns: Wrap dresses are a versatile option that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. As the name suggests, wrap dresses wrap around your body and fasten with a tie at the waist. This type of dress is usually made from lighter fabrics such as jersey or linen, making it ideal for summer parties or outdoor weddings.